Friday, January 31, 2014

Re-purpose Thirty-One Swatches into Ice Packs

Going through my fabric tonight, I came across my old fabric swatches from Thirty-One. 
I have held onto to them for a couple of years and I knew someday I could find a purpose.  
Well today I thought of an idea to re-purpose the swatches into Ice Packs.

 

 The Swatches come with a variety of materials, so I chose to use a soft fabric and the cooler type fabric.
 I placed the fabric right sides together.
 Then started sewing with my Singer sewing machine that I have had forever and a day.

Remember to leave an opening to turn it inside out.


 Once inside out you can add several different types of dry goods like beans, rice, lentils.  You can also be really creative here and add different essential oils. 

One the beans are added we need to finish the sewing.
 I like to go ahead and sew around the edges on the outside, this gives it a double stitching that keeps it nice and secure.
  I made one rectangle and two oval with a rounded notch in the bottom for an eye patch.



These were super simple to make and only took about 15 minutes each.  
Hope you enjoy and thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment